How we will use your data:
- We will be transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with it.
- We will use the information you give us for the purposes of hire delivery, which include providing you with service you have requested and enhancing your experience with Richard Martin Lighting.
- We will also use the information to help us understand you better and so that we can give you relevant offers.
- If you tell us you don’t want to receive marketing messages we will stop sending them.
- We will respect your data protection rights and aim to give you control over your own information by opting in or out.
- We do not sell your personal data.
Please note that if you tell us that you do not wish to be sent further marketing communications, you will still receive service communications (as described above) which are necessary, for example, to confirm your hire or to provide you with an update on its status.
What is our legal basis of using your personal information?
Richard Martin Lighting will only process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reason or reasons Richard Martin Lighting collected and needs to use your information. Under EU and UK data protection laws in almost all cases the legal basis will be:
- Because we need to use your information so that we can process your hire, fulfil your transport arrangements and otherwise perform the contract we have with you.
- Because Richard Martin Lighting needs to use your personal information to comply with a legal obligation.
- Because you have consented to Richard Martin Lighting using your information for a particular purpose.
How we collect your information:
We may collect your personal data by means of a form on our website or by telephone, email, fax, or post. We may collect this data in the following ways:
- Directly from you, when you submit an order for a hire, make a request equipment information, technical support, or contact us for other reasons
- When we, from time to time, contact you
- From someone else who is submitting an order for a hire on your behalf i.e. another company with an account hiring on your behalf
- From someone else who is seeking technical support on your behalf – i.e. a client/technician on site
The types of information we collect:
We may collect the following types of personal information about you:
- Contact information, including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Limited financial information, including bank account details
- Information relevant to our provision of technical support to you, including details regarding your lighting equipment
Why we use personal data:
We use your personal data in order to enable us to deliver and charge for our services we provide.
The information we collect and process is required for us to be able to perform our obligations and receive payment from you for the services we provide.
How long your information is kept:
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary. We keep your contact information until we consider there is no need to provide hire or technical support or until you request it to be erased.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal data in particular ways, including processing based on the lawful basis of legitimate interests and direct marketing.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details regarding these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website:
Contact and complaints
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 020 8965 3209
- Or by post: Richard Martin Lighting Limited, Unit 24 Sovereign Park, Coronation Road, Park Royal, London, NW10 7QP